woensdag 14 februari 2018

Neo Angelique Abyss

The latest anime series I benched while spending a whole night glueing models, this was one of my "random picks" of series.

Based on the Neo Angelique game, this is a spin-off of the Angelique series and numbers 13 episodes, released in 2008.

The world of Arcadia is plagued by Thanatos, a demon race that attacks villages and hamlets alike.  Angelique is one of the few, if not the last, Purifiers in the world.  Her powers allow her to banish the Thanatos back, but one against many aren't good odds.
Slowly, other adventurers here of her story and start to flock to her side, in an effort to help the world.  Opposing her though is the Foundation, who wants to militarise her powers and battle the Thanatos that way, under the guidance of the scientist Erenfried...

Now, I didn`t like this series to be honest, thinking it was off pace and rather boring truth to be told.  I can`t draw a parallel with the fluidity of the video game, as I haven`t play them.  But the series of an naive heroine surrounded by her helper heroes isn`t a new genre.

And that is perhaps why I didn`t appeal to me.  I can`t say where, but I have seen this story somewhere in exactly the same build-up, including even the evil robot clone character...

There is a second season, and overtime, I will watch it, but it`s not something high on the list to be honest...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten