maandag 1 januari 2018

Give Lucius some Loving!

Aaaah, Lucius the Eternal, chosen champion of Slaanesh, master swordsman and overall cry-baby...

And what more fitting figure to kick 2018 off with then the character that will lead my forces in the TSA mega battle... and if the rumours are true, the whole Chaos side.  Poor subordinates.

Now, whatever possessed Slaanesh to pick him as a champion?  Take a look at what the other three gods chose from their dedicated Legions.
Khorne has Kharn, a frotting, psychotic berserker that guarantees limbs flying everywhere where he walks, without discriminating friend from foe for his special treatment of chain-axery.
Tzeentch picked Ahriman, the mightiest sorcerer apart from it`s primarch, from a legion of mighty sorcerers.
Nurgle chose Typhus, the guy who actually told his primarch that HE delivered the Death Guard to Nurgle, and Mortarion was just the trophy wife that came with it.
And then we get Lucius, the swordsmaster that dies seemingly every five minutes, and then returns as he takes over the body of the one who slays him... no matter what race.

If I was Slaanesh, I rather would have picked Eidolon though... but heck, we divert.  The rules for Lucius, if you get him on the opposing side of the table, are actually pretty amazing, with his mortal wounds dealing armour and extra attacks against characters.  And his warlord trait makes him even better up close and personal...  I really need to add a Rhino soon to my force just to actually taxi him safely to the other side.

But that also means, as he will be commanding the Emperor's Children in the megabattle, that I will be building "his story" over the coming months.  In order to do this, I`m going to take him along in each and every battle of 40k that I play until then, with the excuse that if he dies, he just comes back anyways.  So the first 115 points of any army list I write up, beginning the 26th when I face Necrons at 750, will include him. 
Sure, that will make him expensive and takes away choices I would rather, or better said, usually, take but it just looks like a fun idea to do.

And now I can only hope that Failaddon the Harmless comes around to play in the big battle, so I can hapilly pass away command...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten